Updated 16Sept06
U.S. Veteran Information (non-governmental)

Requesting Awards
and Decorations

If you recall having received a medal or decoration and you no longer have it in your possession, you can request one/them using the following contact information:

To receive replacement medals, awards, and decorations you must contact NPRC (National Personnel Records Center). This organization is part of the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA).

Begin by downloading a copy of the Standard Form SF-180, available on our Forms Website: http://www.tpromo2.com/usvi/forms/standard-form-180.pdf. (Note: This is a PDF file. Also, if this download does not work for you via the USVI website, try downloading this form via the NARA's site at http://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/standard-form-180.html.)

Fill out the proper portions of the form and submit to the proper department:

U.S. Navy
Coast Guard
and Marines
U.S. Navy Liaison Office
National Personnel Records Center, Room 3475
9700 Page Ave.
St. Louis, MO 63132-5100
U.S. Army U.S. Army Reserve Personnel Center
9700 Page Ave.
St. Louis, MO 63132-5100
U.S. Air Force National Personnel Records Center
(Military Personnel Records)
9700 Page Ave.
St. Louis, MO 63132-5100

When requesting medals, include the following information: